View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
JOSER85

LMB and Striper of Dockweiler

So 2 Saturdays ago me and my cousin went fishing to local pond to fish for some LMB. We were doing pretty good both had 2 fish (all released) and ranging about 2-3lbs. We were getting ready to leave since we had to get ready for a surf Tournament Ace Fishing Tackle in Gardena was hosting.
When he hooked onto this baby girl. Came in @ 7.5

the next morning we go out to the tournament. fishing was pretty slow since there was a full moon. Very few barred perch and 1 or 2 corvina were caught that morning. Believe there was a total of 17total fishing the tournament.
With less then hour to go. I see my cousin set the hook and hear his drag screaming. seeing where only using 7lb test I think its a good size corvina.
As the fish got closer I see about 4 inches of tail come out the water, and automatically I noticed it was a striper. Being that there was 5 foot waves crashing in the surf it made it really hard to pull a fish that size in. So I started to walk towards the fish holding pressure on the line as the waves crashed in. All of a sudden a wave crashes in and I see the hook get pulled out the fish mouth and the striper started swimming to deeper water. Luckily a 2nd waves crashed almost instantly pushing the striper closer to the surf and close enough to me to were I jumped on top of it and gave it a big bear hug and ran with it to dry land. He ended up winning the tournament with that fish and took $120 home. Best part of this story is he caught it with a 2'' berkley sand worm Carolina rigged. lucky SOB
(never mind his jacket he's just trying to represent. LOL)
Came in at 27inches
JOSER85 is offline   Reply With Quote