View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
YakHanded
Thread Killer - sorry

1st time at San O Sunday

...and caught myself a yellow - my roommate and I got in line at the gate and made it through right after they opened it up at 6am. Super stoked to see the sewer guys (Tony & George) unloading, we have regularly checked this site for a while and recognized those two straight away from a good distance hahah

They directed us to the denser kelp which is a little south of the reactors and we made some bait, then were off! Trolled flylined greenbacks straight out from there to about 75~80ft looking to get away from the gnarly kelp and find some floating patties/get lucky.

About 9-930am the clicker screams and im on! Took a while, or seemed like it at least then I gaffed its brains out and bled the beast. Super pumped on this Yellow, my 2nd from the kayak, and second in the last month....this one was 43inches to the fork but still dont have a scale. Feeling pretty lucky that my first two yellows seem to be pretty good ones! Great day on the water, landed at the beach around 1230pm. Epic to briefly meet the BWE legends and get a nice fish! Home to some fresh ceviche and a few beers.

Tony & George, hope you guys had an epic day too! Nice meeting you guys and thanks again for helping us punk rookies out!!
Attached Images

YakHanded is offline   Reply With Quote