View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
'Cuda

Baja 1...Nov. 10

People always ask me "aren't you afraid of all the violence in Baja when you go?" I say no....it's the highway down that scares the shit out of me.
Well it bit me this time.....I was forced off the road on a downhill curve and went off a 300 ft. ravine....I blacked out upon the first impact and then my seat belt failed and I was ejected out the window unconscious....my car rolled another 200ft stopping on the drivers side door up against some mesquite bushes.....I was still blacked out but I could feel the rocks beneath me as I tried to push off....then the light came and I stood up...wiped a little blood off my forehead and and looked down the slope at 2 weeks of fishing and camping gear plus kayak scattered helter skelter....I made my way up to the highway on all fours (that steep) and flagged down a car who called for help. This was about 30 min. south of Santo Tomas....the ambulance took me to a clinic in Manadero and even tho' I had multiple cuts and contusions and I thought for sure broken ribs, examinations and xrays revealed there were no broken bones or internal bleeding...WOW....dead man walking.........what can you say after that....I'm still too dazed by it all to know much.
For all you people on the fence about health care reform....the ambulance ride plus the clinic visit with an xray with some real good drugs shot in my ass plus the 7 day prescription pain pills cost $30.00....that would be 6-8 thou here...we people are being ripped off at every level...time for a change.
I'll be off the site for a while.....good fishing to everyone.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote