View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #13
Semper Fi-shing

We tried so hard to paddle him back to shore with the yakker on my lap but with his head and feet dangling in the water, even with help from multiple yakkers, we were not able to steer and get forward momentum towards the shore before lifeguards showed up.
So I sat in my yak frantic, holding up his head out of water with one hand and his shorts with the other so I wouldnt lose him back into the water or tip over.

I had one foot on another yakkers yak for extra stability, during which I looked into the yakkers eyes, wide open , and foaming at the mouth. I didnt notice any bruising on his head or cuts on his body.

In retrospect, I dont know if trying to get him back to shore would have been a smart idea, even if I could. With the waves break so hard, the yakker might have been tossed like a rag doll in the surf and broken his neck.

I talked to some bystanders on the beach that said they saw the guy off his yak before I reached him and they knew something was wrong. They yelled back at three people in the balconies behind the sidewalk to call 911 and they didnt do anything.

It definately will not be the same next time If I pull up to the beach to launch and dont see the same old beige toyota pickup.