View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
dorf

I appologize for not making my post clearer.
Colors is the time (at 8am everyday and sunset every day) when the American flag is raised and lowered.

I am proud of my country and my service to my country.
My question was not what should I do (I have missed a lot of fish in my days and one more will not hurt me) but more to get a feel as to what others are doing. As I sat there paying my respects I had noticed a few boaters/fisherman paying their respects but there were also a few who did not.

I retired after 20 years in the Navy in September 08 but continue to work on a Naval Facility. The flag goes up to the tune of the National Anthem every morning. I alawys get chocked up with this song as it always reminds me of why I am here and where I have come from. Taps makes my eyes well up as well but, unfortunately, I am not at work until sunset.

Thank you all for sharing your thought on this matter. It is truly nice to hear stories about how you fell about your country. A few years ago my wife gave me a copy of Chicken Soup for theVeteran's Soul. I get chocked up every time I read it. I highly recomend this book to any one who has served or knows someone who has.