View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Thanks for the post. As some may know, the Casa was a special place for me growing up in La Jolla. After reading this EIR, I became angry. I am not mad about anything that I read in the report. Rather, I am angry about the incredible amount of wasteful bureaucracy that this document represents.

This EIR is 297 pages long. Someone, probably many people, had to do the research and write this thing. Hundreds of others will be required to read it, (most probably won't). Thousands of copies will probably be printed, (most will end up in the trash).

The amount of detail that this EIR contains goes way beyond what most would consider to be reasonable. In my view, the vast majority of this document's content is unneccessary. I won't even try to guess what it cost to create this report but I am sure it is a six figure number.

What makes me most angry is that this kind of wasteful exercise is repeated over and over, thousands of times a year throughout the country. If our Government seriously wants to reduce unnecessary spending, reigning in needless bureaucracy should be at the top of the list.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote