Thread: LJ 8/28
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 8/28

Got a bit of a late start but still got out to the scene of the choas on Sat by about 8:00AM. What a difference a day makes because it was very quiet all day. Lambcrew did get into some,

but then they began an unusually chumming technique that had us all getting the heck out of dodge, upwind. Along the kelp I finally saw some nervous bait when the smelt I'd been dragging gets hit. Put the wood to the beast and ended up flinging him into my lap. I think it's a baby yellowtail, but Andy can correct me.

Paddled in with Ken and landed around 1:00. Beach still a zoo. All in all, a tough weekend for me, with one fish broken off in the tournament and almost 25 hours on the water the last 3 days. Taking today off and may go Am or PM (or both ) tomorrow. Nelz, you around?

Congratulations again to Andy for his impressive win. There's a lot of great fisherman out here, some more self-promoting than others, but I know who I would never bet against. Jim put on a great tournament, great raffle, and Arne had the best day not fishing I think was possible. And JimmH is still a putz. :lol:
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote