View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
TJones

I will add to the review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
Thanks for the review. It seems cool. Do you know how many running hours you get at around 3.5 miles an hour?

Updated.... A quick search and found the answer. It looks like the extra battery pack would be well worth it!
I picked up a PA 14 and right from the get go, I purchased the bixpy and an additional battery. Between the kayak and bixpy I spent a small fortune, but I got hooked up on lots of accessories and would like to thank Fast lane for one heck of hell deal. Always a pleasure Hayden. It looks like the information posted on the manufactures website is very accurate on running amps / hours of operation. I purchased the drop in mount which is probably what most guys are gonna use, and unless you are strictly harbor and or lake, this is what I would recommend. I used only one battery and switched out back and forth between drives during the day. Primarily I ran the motor at about half speed during most of day and still had a 2-3 green led's illuminated when I decided to head around corner. After a long day of paddling I decided to head in. I was easily, 2.5 miles out. I ran it wide open and was back inside in within about 30 min. The battery even had a little bit of juice left surprisingly. This unit blows away the torqueedo. Of course, we are talking about technology almost a decade newer. This motor is not for everyone, but if you want to get back inside or from 3 miles out in a hurry, it is more than capable. I can't say or speak about how it will affect fishing. I was trolling a live one behind me, but no takers. Needless to say, this season has been pretty tough. Hopefully the fish will not be spooked from the noise and I will post up when I have more definitive information. Hope the review is helpful.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote