View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimano Penn View Post
Hey guys, I have not been active here since I sold my PA14 and bought a Grady. Sorry for that but I just felt too limited; I used to fish at La Jolla a lot, sometimes I would fish La Jolla, and when I felt really adventurous I would fish La Jolla. I absolutely loved kayak fishing but it just seemed so restricted. I recently came across a boat that is all set up to perform as a mother ship; dingy davit, expansive deck space, comfortable salon and galley and huge bait tank. It could easily take 8-10 maybe 12 yaks to the Coronados or local kelp beds for a day trip or maybe 6 to SCI or tanner for a multi day excursion. LJYT are great but there are YFT, BFT, dorado and more within reach of SD. What do you think? Rates would be perhaps a tad higher than the usual 3/4 to 1.5 day trips on the party boats because there would be loading and unloading of kayaks but there would be extremely "limited loads" compared to those boats. What do you think? Is there a market for this?
More info needed, which Grady, size bait tank, overnight accomadations, galley seating, how to store yaks? Thanks.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote