Thread: La Jolla Launch
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
FISH11

Talking

Those kayak rental companies pay the Dumb Ass city of San Diego thousands per year to have a permit to use that area and the City created the specific areas. The city Life Guards are in charge of policing the beach and launch area and yes they can issue tickets. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but I wasn't there to see the situation. I use that launch at least once a week and see every time people who don't pay attention to the sign at the entrance to the launch. It spells out what areas are for what and the direction of traffic. The Kayak companies are not permitted to leave all there kayaks on the beach, so they have to constantly pick up or drop off kayaks for the groups that they schedule. Great, that summer is over because now the traffic at the launch is just a fraction than in the middle of summer. What makes it more difficult is during high tide there is very little beach area and hard to pull a car/truck in there and not be blocking the ROAD as you would call the area directly around the concrete barriers. It is also worse when the Life Guards don't make the people who decide to sit on the sand or swim in what is essentially a BOAT RAMP. Yesterday the Dumb Ass city crews that rake up the beach of kelp, etc. for all the tourist, did not pick up the large sand/kelp mounds thus taking out of use 1/2 the beach launch area. If people just think that others will have to pass (Life Guards) or kayak rental trucks there would be no problem, but we live in a ME world so there's always going to be someone upset. Now that I've pissed off a lot out there, who cares!