View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 06:53 AM   #11
Mahigeer

Some clarification is indicated here;
My daughter lives in Claremont off of 210 freeways. Not Catalina. I wish she did.

I have been fishing the Mole since 2006. The MLPA regulation allows “fin fish with hook and line”. Only from the pier (Mole). Thus, the boats cannot fish in front of the Mole from the flag pole to the Lover’s Cove border.
No hoop netting either anymore. Thanks to Arnold.

There is a crane at the separation line between Mole and the Lover’s Cove.
If the picture is enlarged, in the distance there is a white building. Behind it is a “T” shape blue metal unit. That is a part of the crane. Beyond the crane is the Lover’s Cove.

The work was done to replace the rusted beams/girders and the surface grids. The concrete floor is also looks like was replaced. This an old picture.

Note about Love’s Cove: Due to its location in the past, no one from the town could see the Cove, so lovers would use it to be romantic. Thus, the name.

Caught a lot of lobster before MLPA at the Cabrillo Mole (Mole for short). Being a California public pier, no license for fishing is required. Lobster card was required before MLPA.

Was there a lobster card before MLPA? Now I can’t remember.

As to kayak fishing, there are rentals on the island but not available for night fishing. I bought a Hobie 11’ inflatable and was allowed to take it on Catalina Express.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote