View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
mig
Junior

late BFT report 8/27/15

late start on thur 8/27 I had decided i wasn't going to go the night before after fishing the two days prior and working till 3 am the night before but, i woke up feeling good and I remembered theirs open parking till 11 from street sweeping so I loaded the kayak and all of my half charged batteries and made the 20 min drive up. I already had a plan and after talking to guy at the launch he confirmed my plan to head slightly north of the point for deeper water 220-280. Made bate pretty easy even got some gbks for the first time in a while. By this time its around 1 conditions couldn't have been more perfect super glassy, zero waves perfect summer day. I slap on one of my spanish macs and head out when I get to 180 ft I get hit hard right away I knew it wasn't a yellowtail I could tell it was something big maybe a hammerhead?? fight lasted 15 min it towed me around pretty good. when I finally saw color I freaked out I couldn't believe what I was seeing sunk the gaff and bled the fish right away. Head in to get the fish on ice on my way in I remember I have the gbks so throw one on not a minute later I reel in a good size bonita throw her back in slap another gbk a minute later Im fighting a yellowtail decide to keep it. By this time its getting late I need to get this fish on ice so I don't re bate I take some pics with my new modified gopro selfie stick and head in. The rest of the day is a daze it really does still feel like it was just a dream. I've been putting in some time on the water in the last couple weeks trying to learn the ropes out there Im just glad i was in the right place at the right time. If you guys see me out there say whats up my name is Miguel I love talking fishing from throwing swimbaits in freshwater to fishing calicos in the kelp to wsb yellowtail and rockcod fishing in baja. Good luck see you guys out on the water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewWpb6cVJI
Attached Images

mig is offline   Reply With Quote