Thread: Two Days at DP
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #29
Vikingj

You are the man! I have been fishing DP at least once a week and haven't got a legal hali for 4-5 months. I've tried north, south, deep, shallow, macs, squid, anchovy, sardine, smelt, lizardfish and been skunked every time. For the past 5 years I usually get an average of 1-2 legal hali every month throughout the year but this year they are as scarce as hens teeth.
Went out Wed and Sat and the T-sharks were everywhere - what a beautiful fish to watch- we hooked up both days. Sat. my buddy hooked a larger T and fought it for 50 minutes and ended up in the middle of 50+ outrigger racers and their chase boats! If you zoom the pic below you may see a kayaker w/ white hat about 1/4 of the frame from left.
My suggestions added to the many excellent ones above: Use a small (1 oz) sliding egg sinker behind carolina stopper or swivel about 3 feet from hook, nose hook big sardine or medium mac, use circle hook with floro or mono leaders to prevent biting through line and use wire leader if using a J-hook. Above all, use extreme caution and wear them out - its really dangerous wrestling with a "green" T-shark! Please consider C&R?
Thanks for the report.

Wayne
Attached Images

Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote