View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
Salty

Hobie Livewell 2 Battery Lifespan

Just curious about the lifespan of the battery for the Hobie Livewell 2. The last 2 times I've been out (this weekend and last), the battery on my livewell has cut out on me. Last weekend it cut out at 8 hours. In the past, I've been out longer than that(+1-2 hours) and it's stayed running strong the whole time. Just yesterday, it died on me at about the 7 hour mark. At around 6 hours, I noticed it was quieter than usual and was pumping less water. Checked the intake and the impeller and nothing was blocking or restricting it. Even spun freely when I took the pump apart. Just running very weak. When I got home, I hooked up my buddy's freshly charged battery and it was running like a champ.

For reference, I've had this battery about 2 years and use it almost every weekend for a ballpark of 8 hours(+/- 2hrs) each trip. I USUALLY charge it when I get back so it's not left uncharged all week, then "top it off" the night before when I'm getting my sh*t ready. I'll admit I don't always remember to charge it when I get home... Either way, I'm not upset about it going out. I put it through a lot and it's handled it for quite a while! Going to get a new battery anyway, but was just curious if that was about average for the lifespan of one of these batteries. Any input appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery1.JPG (92.7 KB, 93 views)
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote