View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
CheapPelican

Wasn't worried about loosing them while underway, just on the landing . I guess they shouldn't be too hard to recover if I did have a yard sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
I'm considering building a rack today and than just using bungee cords to keep them on.
Yeah, you do need something for the launch. They do sit perfectly on your bow although paddling in to the smell of salmon heads probably gets old after a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Chris, I can't remember if we hooped together last season or not, but I stack mine on top of a crate with half inch PVC sticking up like stakes in the ground. It's kind of a pain, but the bugs fit nicely in the crate under the hoops.

I think I might rig something up like this if I find some time here soon.
No we never got a chance. Heres my roach motel I never got to show you

Only needs to catch the first two hoops through the netting. Good enough for bay landings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
I stack em on my hobie tank and secure them by putting two PVC pipes through the mesh into the rod holders. Sooooo easy
Stacked them on the Hobie livewell before but got irritated when the nets would get snagged on the rod holders. Maybe I'll tie a towel around the flange to prevent this. More secure than the roach motel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divad View Post
Chris, run a strap just around your PVC rack. That way it would stay together and would pop off the kayak if you took a roll. Just leave one of your floats lose to allow it to float up so you can find it. And put your lobsters in some sort of bag. And tie them down. Good luck!:
Thanks. This time I'm keeping all my tako!