Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
itsamirage
Junior

Trade: store my Hobie Outfitter tandem near La Jolla shores launch, use it yourself

I've got a Hobie Outfitter with wheels, one turbo fin set, one regular, sail kit, two life jackets, two paddles, etc: http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaks/mirage/outfitter/

I live up on the top of La Jolla Shores Drive and can't wheel it down to the launch in La Jolla Shores that easily. Do you live close to the launch? Want to keep my kayak in your garage, shed or secure yard and use it whenever you want? In exchange, I'd want to be able to access it maybe a few times a month. I guess I'd probably need a key to your garage or access to your yard. My wife (a physician at UCSD) and me (a computer programmer in SF and grad student at UCSD) would probably come by one or two weekends a month, maybe I'd go out fishing by myself once in a while too.

You could use it every day if you want. Maintenance is just spraying it down and using a little WD40 now and again on the fittings. The sail kit is pretty fun too, although it could use the longer sailing rudder, which I don't have. It's a super stable, relatively fast (with two folks kicking) fishing or general ocean fun platform. Cost about $3500 for everything. I could also leave some fishing gear with it (bait tank, crappy spear gun, old rods and other gear).

Could be a long-term arrangement if it works out, we'll be here for another 5 years at least. If you are into it for fishing, it has four rod holders, two per person.

Would that kind of a deal work out for anyone? I'm open to other proposals that would let me store the boat nearer the water and access it easily. I've looked into boat storage down there but haven't found any.

Thanks!
itsamirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
mrjellyfish
Junior

Bump

Bump

Boat now has sailing rudder (and sailing kit, drag-along bait tank, turbo fin, regular fin, two life jackets, two paddles, wheels, etc).
mrjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote