Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

X-factor question

Has anyone seen in person the hull design on the new 2012 x-factor? My question is, with the new addition to the dry hatch/bait tank in the center console, does the underside of the hull come with a recessed mounting spot to drill out and screw in the bait pump like the stealth 14's? its not apparent in any of the photos I'm seeing online. In fact on the malibu website it advertises the option of installing the plumbing in the xfactor but when you click on the how to video, it uses a stealth as an example. I font even know if the xfactor had the same drain run offs that the stealth had for draining or if you would need to plumb that in too. I guess my main concern is that if the xfactor doesn't have that mounting recess, is the plastic jutting out from the pump going to creat drag on one side of my ride? If anyone has seen the new model in person and remembers seeing this on the hull could you shine some light?

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

ask Andy he will probably be able to answer that one, or at least find out for ya
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Siebler

The hull does have the recess, They have moved it around a few times until we are now happy with how it all fits up.

As for drains, no this does not have runoffs as this is meant to be used as a Dry Compartment with an option to make it into a livewell unlike the Stealth where that compartment's main purpose is a livewell.

I know I have pics and video, I will dig around and see if I can find them here in a few minutes.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Siebler

Check it, From the KFSuppies site....

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...ate=newxfactor

Knew we had them posted somewhere

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Thanks CJ. This solidified my choice to go with the xfactor

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21