Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Lures for Yakfest II

The question was raised on an earlier post about how to get sponsers aboard for Yakfest II.

This is one way. At the first fest ,I gave out lure bags with assorted lures. The one lure that got the best response was the Wave Tiki Kicken Shrimp. A few people asked about it and where to get it. I told them I got it from Overstockbait.com. I hope they bought some, it's a great lure.
I wrote Overstock and told them about the fest and how the lures went over. I also wrote a positive review on their website. Bill from Overstock wrote back and asked me if he had ever sent me some free lures. If not then he would send some clones of some Yum brand baits for me to share. I'm not sure what lures are being sent or how many, but it's a start. Again I don't work for them, I'm just impressed by their personal service, selection and prices.

So, Yakfest II may not have a sponser, but it does have a patron.
Looking forward the next Fest or at least a big meet and greet to share some lures.
Patrick
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

Alrighty then, you had a great idea there and it paid off, thank you for your
effort, I ordered some of those myself as it was the only bait that produced that morning...can't wait till Yakfest II...