Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
Lipripper92592

Tuesday LJ

Headed out of La Jolla on Tuesday morning, not another yakker in site. Swell was predicted around 4 feet, made the launch and headed out into mixed swell. Early in the day the current was pushing hard north, laying down the kelp beds, its switched around noon and pushed directly into shore, still keeping the paddies down. I jigged up some macks and sent one down to 60 feet on the dropper and fly lined some dead squid off the back. We metered some nice marks, but couldn't get anything to hit. We covered quiet a bit of water, well north of the kelp beds and along the kelp bed edges, my legs are worked over. I'm doing something wrong as this is about my 10th time out and I'm not hooking up, but I have to admit every time I've been out, I haven't seen anybody else hooking up either. (I say that to retain some pride in my abilities). The wind picked up around 1:30 and some white caps were forming so we headed in with the skunk on our backs. Maybe next time. I think I saw Jim Sammons doing a photo or video shoot at the launch and was hoping to see a nice biscuit on deck, but I don't think he headed out. Till next time!
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

keep at it you'll find'em soon enough. gotta be somewhere near by now
Old 05-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
ratdog

Don't get discouraged, 10 times out without a "real" fish normal for most of us!
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Lipripper92592

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
Don't get discouraged, 10 times out without a "real" fish normal for most of us!
I feel so much better now, I"ll chalk it up to a learning curve!
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote