Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
todd one

Well done Linglifter

Ran into Linglifier today. I think he bought some good luck with him. I hadn't landed a legal in a few trips out. Landed a 26inch as soon as he rode up and ask me if I got any. No sooner than I could get the hook out, he's bent over. He lands an absolute beauty. I'll Let him give the details. I'll just say it was a personal best by far. Congratulation buddy. Glad I was there to witness it.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Linglifter

Thanks Todd!
It was a personal best indeed for a PAC Hali. jeff and launched thursday from shelter island we paddled to the bait barges and then headed across. Fishing was slow slow.we drifted out closer to the jetty and wham rod goes down. Prob a 28-30 surfaces I get my gaff make a swing up and the gaff didn't pierce the fish so it flies up and then breaks the line.
Yesterday after getting the hobie rigged back up I said to myself I'm going after that sucker I lost. I launched at shelter hit the barges and loaded up on some firecracker dines"halibut candy" while Todd was loaded up with a 27" he landed shortly after. Nice job Todd! After a short paddled I mean a short paddle. I hook up a dine drop it down and proceed to get my knife back from Todd,as soon a si look back my rod bent over. Surely this was the bottom or a dog snag or somin. Nope it was a slow drag up off the bottom with this 42" slob nasty bastard! My seeker is bent the fuck over big time I'm scrambling trying to turn my gopro onto get footage "that was nuts" ok gp is running now here comes this huge ass fish wow! Now I'm scrambling for my net I get the net and scoop this pig up....oh boy this is where the fun started. I had this beast in he net going absolutely ballistic I thought I was gonn lose it. I finally get it over into the hobie wrapped my legs around this thing and commence the beating,after about 50 whops it finally subdued so I could get the game clip on it was through the net and all but he was clipped....bear hug a slob!! Here are a few pics. I hope to have the gopro footage up shortly. I'm without my laptop rt now so maybe I can get some help from one of u guys. It's great footage I haven't even seen Todd's footage. It was great day and Todd your a great sport after have been fishing all day and I get this one in 5 mins.
Attached Images

Linglifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Linglifter

Group photo
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Linglifter

The haul back in....
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Nice fish dude! Congrats on the PB. Glad it was a keeper because your net destroyed that thing's tail
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
Zfish03

Wow nice fish! Filets and cheeks
I think its time for a gaff lol
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Linglifter

I have one just didn't take it with me cause I lost one before gaffing it cause it wasn't heavy enough. Wasn't expecting this one. Lol
Old 10-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Nice job Tony! I can't wait to see the video!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
easyday

Todd id love to provide company on your next trip out and learn some more tips. Is there a sign up sheet. Awesome catch with a good landing story linglifter.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #10
todd one

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Todd id love to provide company on your next trip out and learn some more tips. Is there a sign up sheet. Awesome catch with a good landing story linglifter.
easy, You're welcome to come on out with me anytime. I think you missed the next trip though. I'm on the way out to meet old man in the sea right now. Were going to go out and see if we can kick some butt. I'll be going back out next week some time.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
philr21

Beautiful! Getting the itch to get out after the Korean equivelant myself... just trying to take advantage of the freshwater action before it shuts off for winter
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote