Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
BAJA OR BUST RELOADED for 2015

This is a post from this time LAST year. BUT it is a NEW POST TOO.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--- Mark Twain

At the start of time, Baja was created. Now as my life is slowing down, I realize more time needs to be spent in Baja. So I am throwing this out to the forum, Baja or bust! For 2014 I want to make at least 10 camping, fishing trips to Baja. So that means about a trip a month. Where to go in Jan, Feb, Mar, April to start. Best areas to fish those months, dates, where to stay on beach, how many people should be on each trip? But the biggest question, WHO wants to go! I will try to keep this all together for the whole year. If we can get this going we can all fish some great areas. Might be nice to do a couple family trips? Ideas and suggestions, anyone interested?

For 2015 I again want to take 10 or more trips to Baja, and I will, with the good Lord permitting. The 1st trip will be to Gonzaga 30 December 2014 and will end on the 6th of Jan 2015. ANYONE can propose a trip with dates and I will try to get it set up for us. Please go to our Community page, check Social Groups, go to Baja or Bust, above the members icons you will find the dates I CANNOT go as other things are scheduled. Thank you all for your support, these trips just cost you your fuel, gear, water and food, plus TACKLE. I do charge each of you $5.00 for shower water. You can travel wih me, as I usually have an empty seat, travel with a friend and caravan with us or just meet us there. You can camp with us on our beach, maybe stay in the house, or go 15 mles souh to campo Beluga, all your choice. I also set up private trips the same way. Get your friends together and I will make a trip for them and me, you still just pay me for shower water.

I post all trips as soon as I can so you might have time to plan to join. SO, let me know when you want YOUR trip to be. Thanks everyone.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
Deamon

MakoRoberto...the most selfless man alive...also quite knowledgeable and able to lead others in Baja. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
EastLosYaker

I've been trying to make my way down to Magdalena bay for years. I would definitely be down for that trip. I am a teacher, so I get plenty of vacation time. I am considering the New Year's trip, but need to work out a few things first. Would definitely be down for a spring break trip (April 1-6). And summer time of course.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
I've been trying to make my way down to Magdalena bay for years. I would definitely be down for that trip. I am a teacher, so I get plenty of vacation time. I am considering the New Year's trip, but need to work out a few things first. Would definitely be down for a spring break trip (April 1-6). And summer time of course.
As I have said before, Mag Bay is two days down and back, two full weeks would mean 10 days of fishing. So it needs to be 14 days. I have not done this trip, but roads were fine before the hurricane and will be again. You could go for a shorter time but..............Keep your costs down, 2-3 to a truck, split gas, each person cooks for everyone for a day and buys food just for your cooking days. You do dogs, costs less then if you do steak. Fish, seafood should be cost effective, tortillas and rice/beans are cheap and easy to do and clean up after.

As to spring break if you want to do this trip say so and I will have it on the schedule TODAY. That is a Wednesday through Monday, are your dates correct? Would you be driving home on Monday, I hope so as border crossings are faster on most Mondays. Yes sometimes the winds blow in the spring, but it is cooler and you can catch lot's from the beach.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
walrus

This trip should be on everyone's bucket list. It's full of surprises and can cost less than a quality rod and reel if you share a ride.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

The above Rooster was caight on 3-4 Sept trolling a crock on the way back to the beach. 42 pounds of piss and vinegar, about an hours fight on 20lb test.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
What is San Quintin like in the spring? I remember back in the day a regular on one of the boats I worked on took me and a few other regulars on a trip down there they'd been doing for a while.
from the surf and it was easy back then. Any idea what it's like now?
That was something I'd been looking into prior to my back injury.
Any thoughts.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote