Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
BAJA OR BUST 2015 Proposed

These are PROPOSED trip dates set up around the FULL MOON. If someone prefers other dates for that month I need to know BEFORE someone else says they are in for that trip. Once someone confirms for a set of dates that trip is ON. I set these up to leave on a Friday and return on a Saturday to get an extra day of fishing but we can leave on Saturdays and return on Sundays, but boarder crossing is longer.

To set up dates for other trips please look under OUR social group, Baja or Bust to see what dates I am doing something else that I cannot change. Remember you could meet us there or stay longer.

Dec 30 to Jan 6th Gonzaga
Jan 30 to 7 Feb Gonzaga
Feb 27 to 7 Mar Gonzaga
Apr 3 to 11 Apr PUERTOCITOS TO GONZAGA EXPLORATORY
May 1 to 9 May Gonzaga
May 29 to 6 June PACIFIC COAST EXPLORATORY

The Puertocitos to Gonzaga trip will a truck supported kayak trip, we will be beach camping along the way. Trip is 35-40 miles, plan to paddle/pedal 5-8 miles per day.

The Pacific coast trip will probabally be day trips to beaches within 100 miles north or south of San Quintin to scope out places to fish this area when it is too hot to fish Gonzaga in the summer. This trip will require 4WD and I will need to ride with someone.

July through December will be posted later, but I have a private trip 8-15 September. Thanks you all for your support this last year. With YOUR help and support it looks like I will finish 2014 with 116 days in paradise. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
buddha

I propose another Bahia Asuncion trip in November 2015.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Jeff to do that I NEED dates from you guys. This year I chose most of the dates and had to sweat the trips out as to good fishing, how about you guys take some of that load off of my shoulders??? Kai called a great trip with the dates for Gonzaga on the Fly trip, real shame his work got in the way.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Jeff to do that I NEED dates from you guys. This year I chose most of the dates and had to sweat the trips out as to good fishing, how about you guys take some of that load off of my shoulders??? Kai called a great trip with the dates for Gonzaga on the Fly trip, real shame his work got in the way.
I believe that I set the dates for the Bahia Asuncion trips the last two years. We still have time to set dates since we don't know who is interested yet. We can't set any dates until we know if there is any interest.

Last edited by buddha; 10-28-2014 at 06:55 PM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
walrus

If your sitting on the fence about going to Baja. Look at all the threads reporting the trips. In every one you find the guys having trouble finding the right words to describe how great it was. And you'll also notice they are the ones going back.

In 2014 Bob had four guys from outside of California (one from Utah, two from Kentucky, and one from Tennessee) Even with the much higher cost and time commitment every one of them schedule another trip before they finished the first.

It's just not one spot, the Pacific coast or the Sea of Cortez is inshore kayak fishing at it's best. and when a returning fisherman say's its a trip of a lifetime, what they are trying to say is.........
"IT'S A TRIP OF A LIFETIME"

Disclaimer: Baja is not for everyone, if you don't want to go for any reason that's O.K. I'm talking to those who would like to go , but hesitate because it's unknown to them.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #6
YakDout
Brandon

+1
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Make it Thanksgiving week and I will be there. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Make it Thanksgiving week and I will be there. Jim
Jim, it needs to be 10 days. Give me the dates and we will get it set up. BTW that is a good time to do Asuncion. Yellow tail city, and the calicos are awesome too. Bonita, barracuda, sheepshead are usually on the bite and halibut show on the beaches sometimes. There is good launch and landing protection except in a storm. And I know this trip will fill up in a heart beat. There is lot's of room to beach camp so we could take a larger group, maybe 10-12 people.

BTW I would be surpised if anyone going on this trip did NOT get a CALICO of at least 22"!!!! This is the last kelp bed going south and it is WHERE calicos go to retire.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 10-30-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

I may be in for the January trip.. This January coming up? How far of a drive is Gonzaga? What do you expect the fishing to be like ?
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smthtnnr View Post
I may be in for the January trip.. This January coming up? How far of a drive is Gonzaga? What do you expect the fishing to be like ?
From Johnnys shell station in El Cajon it is 345 miles to camp. If we leave Johnnys at 5 am we get into camp about noon. Stopping to refuel if needed at Calexico and San Felipe. Leaves time for a short evening paddle before dinner.
Evenings could be cool so bring a warm outfit. I would expect spotties, cabrilla, snapper, triggers, maybe yt, halibut, reef species. Possible other rock type fish. Do not expect dorado, tuna, skipjack, roosters or sierra unless water temps stay high.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN