Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

KISS Hoopnet Rack

Keep it simple stupid...
I have PVC hoop rack that fits over my Hobie bait tank that I use when I'm crabbing and fishing and it works great...but I saw a very simple design when I took some photos of Tony and George launching their PA's last week for some Lobster hooping.
It looked like they used 3/4" EMT conduit because of the flair out that the pipe has at the junction, and it looked like it fit perfect in the rear scupper holes.

It looked so simple I had to try one...

I used regular PVC and fittings although I used the black washers from a 3/4" compression fitting to cushion the contact point on the PA.

I used an 18" piece of 1" PVC pipe and then fittings to reduce to a 6" long piece of 3/4"PVC pipe.

Thanks Guys it works great...!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
jorluivil

This tube setup if my third attempt at hoop net storage and so far its worked the best, the design(tony's idea) is simple and extremely easy to setup and take apart. The only thing that the pics do not show are the clips that hold the pipes down so that they don't slide up when you're pulling your hoop net out, the clips are under the kayak so obviously they're hard to see

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 01-13-2015 at 03:24 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
blitzburgh

Very cool, thanks guys!

Jim, can you post your over-the-tank rig?
Old 01-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Dail14

I just made mine from pure pvc. It is about a cm too wide so it squeezes into my tankwell without too much effort and wont come out when removing my hoops. I do not understand how someone could even try to go out with more than one hoop without some sort of setup like these.
Dail14 is offline   Reply With Quote