Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
YakMedic

Striperfest at Lake Pyramid 4/30

I know this is a freshwater event but it should be alot of fun. It is posted on another socal fishing board but thought I would let you guys see it and see if anyone is interested in catching some stripers. I'm going and maybe bringing 2-4 more yakers.

StriperFest 2011

Where: Pyramid Lake

When: Saturday April 30th

*No entry fee for the competition – (regular lake entry and launch fee’s apply)

Free event but must bring some Striper oriented materials for the drawing at the end of the event, i.e. Lures, Tackle, Poles or whatever may be appropriate for the drawing (Striper related)

TO BE 100% CLEAR:
No monies are being collected to enter and no monies will be awarded !

*Fish from opening till closing. – EVERYONE is welcome !

*Fish from a BOAT or SHORE !

*Fish with Lures or Bait (all DFG rules apply).

*Trophies awarded for the Following:
-Largest Fish
-Heaviest Stringer (up to the 10 fish limit)
-Smallest fish
-Surprise Award (watch out !)
-I may possibly make a special award for the shoreline anglers (we’ll see)

(THERE are always surprises)

Gather at the group campgrounds after the lake closes for our after fishing festivities,
FOR:
*Awards presentations

*Drawing for all participants (FREE) – everyone attending will go home with a nice prize pack

*Some original fishing songs performed on the acoustic guitar by none other than myself.
(if someone wants to be a guest singer, let me know and we’ll work something out)
(also if U play guitar, bring it, we can jam afterwards)

*Campfire fishing lies !

I encourage you to stay the night afterwards, I’ve arranged for the group camp for us to use, please stay and have some fun through the night.

That’s it in a nutshell but there are few things I do want to point out.

This is an “honorable” competition, as far as the rules go….. each anglers catch is done by the honor system.

In other words, we are trusting our fellow angler not to cheat and be honest so we’ll need to be sure each angler keeps his fish separated from the others.

(Weigh in's will be handled by Trailblazer and Cutbait again this year)

PLEASE no adding one persons catch to the others in order to win, after all, this event is for all of you, no one really wins if it’s not honorable : )

Let’s keep it real and keep it fun : )

Last but not least...the success of our drawing depends on what each individual brings to contribute to the drawing so please give something that you might want yourself...bring what you can but we won't put any price on it...keep in mind the greater the array of items, the greater the drawing will be : )
I look forward to a fun day and night and I also look forward to seeing you all out there !

AND….

Good Luck !
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote