Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
madscientist

late 4th and non-yak tuna report

Joined the crowds on the 4th, found this little guy...

Got the chance to hop on the Islander for a 3 day that afternoon. They knew where the fish were but unfortunately the weather beat us to them. First day was a slow morning with some YT and a dodo for me. Nothing happened all day until about 5:00pm, when we found some schools that wanted to play. We plunked away on some yellowfin and bluefin from 20-50lb. Second day was spent looking and looking, but the fish just were not there anymore. Picked some YT off some paddies on the way back up but that was it. Had a great time all the same for my first west coast tuna trip, and I managed to represent the plastic nation pretty well with 1 YT, 1 dorado, 1 YFT, and 3 BFT.

BTW, I know it doesn't really count, but the YT on the first day made 5 consecutive days with a YT. Guess I'll settle for tying Ken's 4 day run on the yak. Think I might take this weekend off (or do some work), 10 straight days of fishing is wearing on me.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

way to go 8) ....not gonna attempt to be funny....and envy is getting tiring....maybe some fish will be left for the rest of us this weekend. :roll:
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
kurt

Looks like some quality sashimi there. I don't know if there's anything that beats fresh bluefin. How big was the doradomahimahidolphin?
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt
Looks like some quality sashimi there. I don't know if there's anything that beats fresh bluefin. How big was the doradomahimahidolphin?
11lb. YT was 15. BFT went 25, 30 and 35. YFT was 40. Snacked on some of the BFT as I was cutting it...delicious. Maybe I'll put some seared tuna on the LJ bar & grill menu if I get out this weekend. You fishing this weekend kurt?
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

At least you got a little of each, those are quality YFT and BFT. I can't believe you fished that morning, knowing you were going on a 3 day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Nice job on the tunas. I can't wait until my trip this year. And thanks for the yt on the 4th. He went well with the watermelon and beer.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
kurt

Brad wrote:
Quote:
You fishing this weekend kurt?
I'd like too. Elbow is still on the mend from the post, post, post-surgery infection that cropped up two weeks ago. My arm looked like a anaconda digesting a boar. I think one more week of rest is probably for the best. But I'm dying reading these reports!
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #8
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Ouch ouch ouch. Dang it, dang it, dang it.
Yak 10 days straight then a 3 dayer?
Bet your boss doesn't fish or read your reports. Either that or he has been eating fresh fish this whole time... :shock:

PS - You guys hiring?

Nice fish....

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #9
Aaron&Julie

Seared or raw bluefin is definitely one of our favorites. Congratulations, Brad on your first West Coast tuna trip.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
msolorz

Thnx for making everyone jealous. You're my idol! We're not worthy! :lol:
msolorz is offline   Reply With Quote