Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
carbonbass

What to buy

Well I was saving up for a used outback and have about 900$ at the moment (after selling my mini-x). I really cant find a newer good condition one for under 1300, and even those go like hot cakes and are rarely posted. Due to the fact that I do not want summer to pass me by before i find the outback i want i am going to buy a new kayak and continue saving for the outback until i have the right $$ + the value of the new kayak i buy (so there will be a lightly used kayak with a nice reduction for sale once i have enough $$ to supplement the offsetting costs of an outback). I am currently torn between the Ocean endeaver, Ocean tetra 12, and the Malibu X-13. I also like the Trident 13 as well, but that is on the upper part of my price range. Can anyone chime in about these kayaks? Any info helps, i will not be modding it very heavily and just want something to fish with until i have enough extra cash to sell this one and get the outback.
~Cbass
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Yakin

Honestly bro
You are in the right place to feed your problem.
I say give it time save a few more $ and get yourself the outback.
They come up more often then you think.
Attached Images
File Type: png cookie-monster-abusing-cookie-dough- blog.png (138.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbass View Post
Well I was saving up for a used outback and have about 900$ at the moment (after selling my mini-x). I really cant find a newer good condition one for under 1300, and even those go like hot cakes and are rarely posted. Due to the fact that I do not want summer to pass me by before i find the outback i want i am going to buy a new kayak and continue saving for the outback until i have the right $$ + the value of the new kayak i buy (so there will be a lightly used kayak with a nice reduction for sale once i have enough $$ to supplement the offsetting costs of an outback). I am currently torn between the Ocean endeaver, Ocean tetra 12, and the Malibu X-13. I also like the Trident 13 as well, but that is on the upper part of my price range. Can anyone chime in about these kayaks? Any info helps, i will not be modding it very heavily and just want something to fish with until i have enough extra cash to sell this one and get the outback.
~Cbass
Have you checked with Andy at OEX sunset beach?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
oneyedeer

like fishing be patient....you can probably find a nice use stock one for $1200. It usually goes up from there because of all the add ons, but the add ons you can slowly save for. If you really want to get on the water just rent it until you find one yourself. By renting you can really see if you really really want it. Try other models too revolution, and the PA'S.
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
like fishing be patient....you can probably find a nice use stock one for $1200. It usually goes up from there because of all the add ons, but the add ons you can slowly save for. If you really want to get on the water just rent it until you find one yourself. By renting you can really see if you really really want it. Try other models too revolution, and the PA'S.
I would personally push you away from the PA.
Because with that thing it is love at first sight!
and then out the door goes $2,600 for the yak.
and then you can't do with out the flan screen tv for the front hatch.
haha
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Gigafish

All nice kayaks you mentioned, go with the one you want most. Put in the time and test them all.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
the summer is starting to push out some nice fish, i cant wait any longer so i will give in and get something to hold me over until i can get the outback. I may lose 100 or so but honestly trying out different rides is part of it. Thanks for the feedback everyone .
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote