Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
jorbon
Junior

New Yaker in need of expert advice!

Hi everyone, my name is Jorge and I am new to this forum and kayak fishing as well. Actually I should say I'm new to salt water kayak fishing as I've always kayak fished San Diego's local lakes. I have a small ascend d10t kayak that's rather slow so its been a challenge for me fishing the San Diego bay. But I've managed to fish it various times with great success. However, i want to start catching halibut and sandbass specifically. I've been dropper looping zoom flukes and sometimes baitfish when it's available to me but I haven't been able to catch one. I usually launch at shelter island and fish parallel to the island. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
jorbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
Cbad Mike

Welcome aboard.
My advice to you is read everything you can on here. All of your questions (and then some) will be answered.