Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
maquinapescado

7/23 Tuna Grounds

Summers in Kuwait (Todd) and myself hit the water @ 0300 to make bait on the the MLPA line. We made a mix of Spanish and Greenies.

The paddle out presented with light south winds early that would develop in strong winds from the south that even chased the PB'ers away.

We started seeing turns working small schools of crashing fish at 4.5 nm due west from the pier. Worked a little north of there for more action and great signs of life with bait balls, lots of whales, huge marks and smaller marks.

I worked the colt snipper on marks while Todd worked an iron as we both trolled the macs.

Somewhere around 0800 Todd is doing a bait swap, so I decided to pull mine in a little to about 60 feet back as we came to a stop. I had about 3-4 huge marks on the meter and all of the sudden the sound of a #200 pound man cannon balling onto my bait goes baaaawooosh! Clicker sings, I engaged and a short lived 30 seconds later SNAP!

Not an hour has gone by since I haven't thought about it at least two or three times. I really run my drags pretty stiff and have always had great success, but I believe it was my demise this time around. I think the power of this bruit was a little much. If I could do it again with these cows running around, I would have put less initial pressure on it.........next time.

By the sound of radio chatter, there are fish from Dana to Baja from 2 miles out to Clemente Island. Get out and represent your passion. Here are a couple photos of us on the water. Next time we'll have fish to show everyone.

Tight lines to all (but not too tight).
Attached Images