Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
jorluivil

Handheld VHF

I'm currently searching for a handheld VHF, I found some old threads regarding handheld VHF's but not much that's current. What's HOT and WHAT'S NOT right now? If you have a used one for sale please let me know, I'm looking for something that's waterproof and floats.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
stairman

vhf

west marine has a floating hand held for about 140$ brand new by icom
mod number icm34
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
-scallywag-
Banned

I've had the icom m34 for over a year with no problems, just need to rinse it off with the rest of your gear so the charging terminals don't corrode.

For kayak electronics you can't beat shopping at west marine, they offer price matching and you can get the extended warranty thru them, which for me is kinda like being sponsered, bring in the broken junk and they give you a new one, or the newer version, them just pay the 20-30bucks for the extended warranty on the new one. It sure makes dropping the loot on quality gear like FF's, GPS's, and radio's when you know WM's got your back.

-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I pickup a Cobra MRHH 425LI VP Marine VHF Transceiver at Wally World for $89. I dropped it in the surf on my first time out. It rolled around on the bottom in 2 feet of water for 4 min. I paddled back to were I launched and picked it up, dried it off and turned it on. Still working today. I now keep it clipped inside my jacket pocket.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
I've had the icom m34 for over a year with no problems, just need to rinse it off with the rest of your gear so the charging terminals don't corrode.

For kayak electronics you can't beat shopping at west marine, they offer price matching and you can get the extended warranty thru them, which for me is kinda like being sponsered, bring in the broken junk and they give you a new one, or the newer version, them just pay the 20-30bucks for the extended warranty on the new one. It sure makes dropping the loot on quality gear like FF's, GPS's, and radio's when you know WM's got your back.

x2.....and they are on sale there until 5-9 ($30 off)
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
mo2vation

We just got a pair of Standard Horizon HX750's for about $109 ea. Killer deal, excellent radio. I think we grabbed the last two they had, tho.

-Ken
Old 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
x2.....and they are on sale there until 5-9 ($30 off)
x3....i have the icom m36. solid floating radio.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote