Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
BT

Br-Br-Br-Buggin SD Bay

Paddled out last night to do some buggin after work. I knew it was going to be a chilly one so I layered up real good, and since my old paddle jacket started falling apart, I was happy that I stopped by OEX last weekend to pick up a new jacket. Side note, I got the Stohlquist Splashdown hooded jacket, and it is a NICE jacket, and a bit warmer than my last.

I got out a little later than usual, and started dropping my nets a little after dusk and gave em a good soak while I ate my dinner and did a little fishing. There was a little bit of wind, but tolerable with the layers.

First two pulls were COMPLETELY empty!!! Not a short, not a fish, nothing!!!! This is where I started to think that my spot has officially dried up for the season. I was on a friends boat at the spot last week during the full moon and even though we only got two between us, we were seeing shorts at least. I was starting to have my doubts for the night.

Next set I pull a net and there was one bug in it, and it was actually a keeper…holy crap. I was going to throw the towel in if this pull was empty but since I got the one bug, I figured maybe the crawl started and it was just slow.

Next set…..nada……

Next set…..one bug which was a keeper.

Pulled a few more sets after that and I had one bug that as I was pulling the net onto the yak it slipped out through a hole that somehow had gotten into my nets. Didn’t look like a keeper but was close.

Paddled in around 11, and was happy that I packed my balaclava because it was a bit chilly by that time.

Looks like it is time to figure out plan B.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Sherm

At least you were out Brian. I was on a friends boat last night and came up with limits.

I'll PM you about heading out to a new spot. i just gotta figure out how to get there by yak. I may have a solution.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
BT

You my friend will never go smokeless on the water if that happens......
Old 12-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
BT

I dont know why, but on my home computer I see this before every line almost.

Couldnt see that from my work computer. weird....maybe an ms office cut and paste thing.