Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Fiskadoro

Any word on WCW???

So what's up? Any progress on WCW2011?

I'll be honest in past years I have not done WCW because I figured it would be so hard for a non-La Jolla guy to do well. I mean I love La Jolla but it's a long drive for me and I can't fish it as much as some.

When I saw the 2010 point system for halibut I was like OK here's a tournament I've got a chance in, and honestly I was kicking myself for not entering that 2010 tournament, as I didn't realize how it was going to be scored till it was half way through the season.

We may not have the yellows or the number of seabass up here in LA that you guys have down in La Jolla but one thing we got is abundance of halibut, and it would not be hard at all to put a ten pound+ butt up each month fishing local in Santa Monica Bay. Since the winter is my favorite time for fishing the larger units over twenty pounds, I was wondering if WCW is going to be back and if it's going to have the same point structures as last year.

Right now I'm still concentrating on lobster, but if they are going to start up the tournament I wouldn't mind hitting the butts again.

Any info would be appreciated, and if you do start it up please post something to give us the heads up as to when it's going to go down.

Thanks Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Taking a little break.

Nothing set in stone but highly probable that the start date will be April 1st. Point structure will be the same per species, but the difference this year is you can weigh in 1 of each of the 3 species per month with bonus points for the 2nd and 3rd species weighed in. Every year we have done something a little different. This should be an interesting format. Somebody could run away with it from the start, but somebody could come from way back and win it all.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCW Moderator View Post
Taking a little break.

Nothing set in stone but highly probable that the start date will be April 1st. Point structure will be the same per species, but the difference this year is you can weigh in 1 of each of the 3 species per month with bonus points for the 2nd and 3rd species weighed in. Every year we have done something a little different. This should be an interesting format. Somebody could run away with it from the start, but somebody could come from way back and win it all.

Sounds cool, thanks for the update.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote