Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Kailolo

Transducer Mounting in Revo?

Anybody mount their transducer ahead of (bow side of) the sail post inside the Revo? My H-bird transducer is too long to fit between the recommended spot between pedals and the sail mount post. I'm afraid the spot in front of the sail mount post might be exposed to turbulence/airbubbles while peddling.

My current mounting location under the seat is subject to noise/interference (mostly vertical lines) depending on current direction and peddle position.

Thanks

T
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I did and it works fine. The only down side is that it takes up some very precious room in the front hatch.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
yakrider

hows about a through hull!
the oooonly way to fly...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Kailolo

Ds
thanks. Great to hear. Yeah, that is one downside. I use that hatch to store the Mirage drive and FF head on landings. I plan to use SuperLube inside a thick cut-out foam holder.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

No need to store the Mirage Drive when you land. Just strap it in the up position and you will be fine. When you become more experienced, you will find that peddling all the way in works in many situations.

I have no facts to back this up but I bet that most Mirage Drives that have been lost during landings would still be with their owners and in good shape if they kept them latched in place rather than pulling them before entering the surf.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Kailolo

Mirage Drive on reentry

Ds,

I'm to stiff to "jump out" in knee deep water, so ride it all the way, and so am anxious about leaving the fins exposed. Mostly I land at about a 30 to 75 degree angle to the beach. Couldn't a turbo fin get caught on a rock or just wedge into the sand and bend a shaft?

Do you surf it all the way into the sand, then drag it to the drier sand?

I leash my Drive to an eyelet I installed, so I'm more worried about flipping when the front hatch is open!

T
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

bungee the drive when you land so when your feet come off, it will put them up against the hull.