Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Tidelands Saturday, wanna fish?

Life has gotten in the way and it has been too long since I've been out. I'll be hitting up tidelands Saturday to try out some new plastics and new stohlquist pfd. Hope fully it won't be too windy. I'll bring extra plastics if you want to try them, have to love overstockbait.com sales.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #2
stoned-trout

I fish tidelands all the time ..awesome fishing there...been fishing it about 22 years..pulled my biggest halibut from there 36 inches...wasout there tues and wed...all the bass you can handle and a few huge jacksmelt..they were everywhere..got on 18 inch halibut on Tuesday by the shoal at mouth...
stoned-trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #3
Harry Hill

where is tidelands?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
taggermike

I haven't fished Tidelands in a couple years. Great place for sure tho. What time are you planning to be there? Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
MrPatrick

6:00 am the lot is open for use , I'll be there then.

Harry, Tidelands is at the base of the Coronado bridge. Go over the bridge and be in the right lane at the toll booths. After the toll booths take you first right, the street is very close to the booths. Take a right at the next street, at the stop sign. That takes you to a round a bout that leads to the parking lot. Park in the lot, to the right there will be concrete picnic tables and you are there. You will be looking at the moored boats and the bridge. Hope to see you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
octico

Caught my largest Halibut there. Be sure to drag a smelt or mackerel.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
6:00 am the lot is open for use , I'll be there then.

Harry, Tidelands is at the base of the Coronado bridge. Go over the bridge and be in the right lane at the toll booths. After the toll booths take you first right, the street is very close to the booths. Take a right at the next street, at the stop sign. That takes you to a round a bout that leads to the parking lot. Park in the lot, to the right there will be concrete picnic tables and you are there. You will be looking at the moored boats and the bridge. Hope to see you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for the instructions, I haven't fished that area yet but it looks like fun. I won't be there this Saturday, I'm obligated to a christmas parade. Maybe in the next week or two though. The San Diego area is farther to drive for me but I don't have to drive through the Corona crawl or any Orange county roads. The only real slow down is Escondido unless I'm through that area about 4:30am. I hit that area at 07:30 this week, holy cow what a mess.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
stoned-trout

too windy right now
stoned-trout is offline   Reply With Quote