Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
ctrujillo

rack for snug top shell

i just put a shell on my truck and i need to install some racks on it.looking for something that wont brake the bank it just has to hold 2 yaks safely.it doesnt have to be a name brand.i am also going to install some saddles on rack.any ideas? thanks
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
maui jim

There is a place in Costa Mesa on Harbor about 1/4 mile before Newport Blvd., It use to be called Rack and Road, but I think they changed their name, They installed a fully adjustible Yakama System on my RV roof and I never had a leak or issues , I have a 6 ft wide systems that can haul 2 kayaks side by side, or surf boards with no problem It may be called American rack or something like that now. Still in same local.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Lets_Fish

Rack and Road is where I purchased mine for my shell sitting on my F-150. I went with the "rail" system from Thule, though not cheep the best setup for my use (adjustable on those rails).

Word to the wise as weight goes, not to many shells are rated for much weight, so know what your shell is rated for before the purchase! You may want to look into one of those "construction" type racks that you see carpenters or painters using (rated to care a much heavier load since it's off the shell), though they may cost just as much if not more. It would also need to be one that would fit over your shell.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
ctrujillo

cupid hooked me up

thanks for the replies.my wifey gave me the yakkima rack for valintines day
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote