Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
tehburninator

mb 9/9 :/

so sadly to report my second trip into the bay on the yak. got skunked so hard im still smelling it.. orignially was suppose to go out on a private boat for some paddy action, plans fell through, so loaded up the kayak in the truck at 10:30 am sunday. had a short conversation with my brother in norcal.. and off the west marine i went.

PICKED UP MY PFD, at the west marine by shelter island. great service by the fella working the fishing reel booth.

anyhow, wanted to try out shelter island and hug the shore around there as i've been catching halibut off shore there... no dice, it was about 12:00 or so... no parking very close to the launch ramp, and did not want to take the cart with me so walking back seemed stupid at that point... drove over to mission bay and got great parking and unloaded and packed up.

hoping to snag up on just one nice fish and go home for the day, i started drifting around to my usual spots i fish with good results...... nada this time... the skys were cloudy, very windy. and the water seemed a bit chilly. was throwing plastics of all sorts that have been contenders for me in the past, yet nothing. everything from smelt patterned, black and white, anchovy swims, camo grubs, pearl white grubs.. flukes..... then... finally hooked up on a midget lizard fish out of the blue at abour 4 so i said heck... lets throw him back in, hooked him on a dropper loop with a 1 oz sinker and sent him back down for NO LOVE =/

guess it was just a bad day.... fellas on the boat soaking 6 rods with bait said they havnt even had a nibble.... i guess i got a few tiny nibbles so i cant complain too bad right? :/

oh well, it was a ok day out as far as weather goes, got a killer work out... still feeling it in my shoulders and back and arms, my legs are sunburnt for the first time EVER (never wore shorts) and i am getting the hang of this paddling thing... even stood up to stretch a few times

anyone feel like taking me out and showing me how its done? say next sat after 1pm? hit me up!!!!!
tehburninator is offline   Reply With Quote