Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
GHOSTHUNTR

Fun day in La Jolla

I launched @ 5:00 into small surf and a light south breeze. Trolled up some bait on the way out to the kelp, nice mix. Fished real close to the kelp and at about 6:00 I caught a nice calico. When it got close enough to see I noticed that it had a follower. The thing was, it was about a 25-30lb. white seabass, right on its tail. The seabass went fron the tail of the calico to its head, checking it out, and then it actually opened its mouth as if to eat. I'm thinking eat it, eat it! Of course he never did, but he kept right by though. Finally I decide to real slowly try to get the bass off and get a bait on there, which I did, and the seabass was still there until I put the bait in the water. That finally spooked him and he took off, leaving a big footprint right next to my kayak, pretty cool. I fished around for awhile then saw some terns working an area way behind the New Seaforth. Went over there and when I was almost there I got bit on a small spanish, turned out to be a 12lb. 12oz. yellow. Still saw some birds working so I kept fishing and about 30 mins. later I hooked about a 10lb. on the suface iron. This one I let go cause I have enough fish right now. Mondays are a good day to go, not too many people. Nice meeting you John.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote