Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
jscott

LJ 1/15

Left the house at 4am to do some before work fishing in LJ. On the water by sunrise-- paddled over to the pier to catch bait. Beautiful morning-- a little cool but warmed up nicely. A little tough there-- so I paddled out and found a couple breezing macs and got about 5 good pieces. Put out two lines and headed out around the reserve and toward the hotel. Saw a Pber hook up a YT on an iron(I was a ways away-- but I would have guessed 15# class), so I started working that area. Not many people out-- I saw 2 pbers and a few yakkers. The 2 pbers were both working the same area with irons. So I sporadically toss my kroc and then troll around a little. Finally, one of my macs gets bit and it starts singing! This is on 25# flouro leader, and 1/0 thin wire circle hook carolina rigged with a 2oz slider. I'm away from the kelp and buoys so not too worried about getting snagged. I get a full on SLEIGH ride. As it sounds, I work and clear my other lines and deckspace. I wasn't really keeping track of time, but I guess about 15-20 minutes later, I've got a beauty of a YT gaffed and on deck. Secure him with my game clip and I'm hootin' and hollerin! I paddle over to a pber who takes this great shot for me.

The guy also tells me that he caught a couple of 30# class yellows the day before.
Here's a great shot of a FULL HATCH!

And here's my obligatory beach shot!

He came out at 35# (at home the next day after being bled and on ice for about 32hrs) and a 43" forklength. My personal best YT! Only bite I had all day!
2008 has started off with a bang for me!!
Good luck all,
Jason
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote