Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2015, 03:18 AM   #18
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
If you can handle my cooking and my crashes in the surf I will be down there for sure.

It looks like you are just north of Shari's place.

How did you find out that this place was for rent?

Did Shari find it for you?

Do you know of any charter service that would fly to the bahia asuncion airstrip?
In answer to your questions Jeff. The property has been for sale for quite some time. I had seen it advertised mainly on the Baja nomads site. The owner has spent only a month or so out of the year down there but has developed some health problems so needs to be in the US close to a Veterans facility. I had contacted him before our Thanksgiving trip and asked if he was interested in a long term lease. He was amenable to it so I took a look at it while we were down there. I then spent over a month trying to hook up with the guy. He now lives up here in Tustin. Three or four meetings got cancelled because he was in and out of the hospital several times during December. Finally got to meet around New Year and put a deal together.

Doubt you will find a charter flight to Asuncion. There is an organization called Baja Bush Pilots or something like that. Some of them fly into Asuncion and fish with Juan occasionally.

The only conversation I have had with Shari had to do with phone and Internet service. She is probably not aware I am coming down.

My days now are spent wrapping up my affairs and getting rid of some of my larger furniture and putting the rest in storage. I am also teaching my dog Spanish, which is interesting because all I know is how to order breakfast, beer and tequila and where the bathroom is. What more do I need?
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote