Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
landwhale

Seal Beach 3 18

The swell and wind were perfect this morning for the maiden voyage of the new Caper to platform Ester. Been wanting to see if the fish are in. Spend a little time fishing the jetty on the way out to the platform with nothing to show for it. When I got out to the platform they were loading a boat with equipment so I started outside in 45 feet of water. Tried the Reebs first for one small Sandie then started throwing the blade. I was casting out from 39 feet into 45 feet and got bumped twice so I dipped the hook in Uni Butter. Next cast got slammed had the drag tightened down and the fish was still pulling drag and towing the Caper. Cleared my other line then dead weight, the fish was fighting like a halibut with hard head shakes next thing just total dead weight. Tried letting slack out then circiling the area to unsnag the fish but no luck lost it to the bottom structure. Did get some nice sandies and calicos on the TJW after the oil boat left and I could fish the high spot. The Caper handled the swells and waves great and the paddling was easy.

Last edited by landwhale; 03-18-2008 at 06:08 PM.
landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote