Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
ctfphoto

To those NEW to La Jolla, you can not fish in the Preserve

As I was coming yesterday I saw two guys fishing in the preserve very close to the launch ......

I very politely told them that they were fishing in a ecological preserve and it is illegal to fish there. I told to go past the white buoy and to line up the flagpole with the palm tree and they were good to go.

I also told them that the really big fish where farther out anyway and had just seen a 30 pound plus YT caught about 3 miles out.

I do not blame them as they did not know about the preserve. I guess they could have researched it, but hey we all learn something new everyday, its all good.

Another thing (My baad as I am guilty of as the lifeguard told me) is please do not drive fast on the beach. One mistake and the place get closed down, that's what the lifeguard told me anyway.

This is the most awesome place to fish and lets keep it that way
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote