Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Cbad
HOW account for Cbad Mike

Rockfish Round Up

While the donation of your extra fish to our local chapter of HEROES ON THE WATER is always appreciated, it is something pretty cool when a small group of guys gets together and makes that their main mission of the day.

Real quick.....
For anyone who doesn't know, HEROES ON THE WATER is a national non profit organization that
utilizes kayak fishing as a therapy for disabled veterans and their families. After a day on the water we have a BBQ and serve our guests and event volunteers a lunch of fish tacos. The day is 100% free for everyone.
The donation of fish for our event lunches is a really big help to us because for every dollar that we save on food we can spend on the equipment needed to put on our monthly events.

Anyway.......
Back to today's Round Up!
The swell was quick which made launching a little tricky but not a problem.
Once out, the water was nice and friendly until the wind picked up at around 10am. Bait was easy to find all morning long. I metered some big fish and decided to shoot for them. They were definitely there but would only look at my bait. They didn't seem hungry at all.
The chatter on the radio is exactly what you would expect when you get the Sewer boys on the water and was more entertaining then the fishing, atleast for me.
We all headed in at about 11:30 and there were some in the group that seemed proud of themselves for keeping their head dry while landing.
There were a few limits and plenty of quality Rockfish taken by most but none by me. Mark had a couple who's size would only look medium at best even with Jim holding them out to the camera LOL. A nice surprise was that Patrick donated his nice YT to us on the beach. Chuck also donated a really nice tail on top of a brick of frozen fish. Tony filleted up all of the fish while Jorge supervised.
I didn't see who else caught or donated fish But a BIG thank you to all who participated. It was a fun day with some really good guys! Thanks Sven for the elk sausage. Ryan, glad you could make it! Bernie thanks for finding the room in your freezer. Roby, good to see you and I hope that giant BSB didn't wear you out too bad. Nick, glad you could atleast make it to the park.
I wasn't feeling that great today and hope that I didn't forget to thank anyone but if I did then THANK YOU! and once again thank you to everyone who helped such a great cause.
PS..... If you werent there don't worry, we didn't talk about you at all.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cbad; 05-09-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Cbad is offline   Reply With Quote