Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Yakking101
Junior

1/8/10 Malibu, with actual fish pictures.

So with the swell coming in for the weekend I decided to get out today before having to pull out the bodyboard. I was eager to try out my new "iron skillz". I went to a calmer beach cause I wasnt in the mood to deal with big surf elsewhere.

Launched at 6:30 into a very calm ocean. Gotta snap a pic of the sinking ship on the way out.

It was a cooold peddle over to the fishing grounds. Yo-Yo'ed around for a couple hours, no sign of squid, no takers. By 9 it was down to t-shirt weather.

Check the lobster buoys for not much going on, 1 farmed bass.

This was my buddy for the morning, looking for a hand out.

I finally got around to making a sabiki rod, no more hooks getting into everything!

After some searching I decided to go see if there were some BIGGER inhabitants cruising around. With my new "sonar skillz" I spotted a couple possibilities.

I fluttered a Tady in front of him, he swam by. He came by again to check it out... *THUD*

I decided to play dead and let it flutter down a little. Game on!!! Hard pull, then some slack... explosion out of the water, and then only slack. Damn, too much slack.

I quickly pick up some line and realize he's charging the kayak! Brushes up against me and gives the Hobie a little tail whack before another sleigh ride and a few more jumps out of the water.

I start gaining some ground, and after he calms down a little we have a photo session before I send him safely on his way.

Yakking101 is offline   Reply With Quote