Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
Dan

7/21 LJ

Launched at 4ish into zero surf and a persistant NW wind. Greenies a plenty at the pier and off I head to the deep end. Put baits out past the point at grey light and drifted south with the wind and current. Got called in on a big fish bite by someone who was working inside the bull kelp while I was outside. As I get into the zone, both my bait rigs light up! Flip them both into gear, and I have double going-----a double of cuda!

Got really fishy out there around sunrise with some footprints here and there and some fantastic meter marks....I ended up trading all of my baits for toad calicos and teething cudas. I then plugged and ironed my way back in against the wind for an 'early' 10AM meeting.

Despite the wind blowing most of the night and this morning, the water temp is still holding at 72. Additionally, heard of some squid being jigged over the canyon edge.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote