Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
zeelaagee

Send a message via AIM to zeelaagee
Simply Skunked!

Okay- I'll admit it... I'm a novice. I havn't been fishing (seriously) very long at all. Through the wonderful efforts and love of my soon-to-be wife/(novice) angler's widdow, I was just recently able to obtain my first kayak for my birthday. I've been coveting yours for so long- now I have mine.

So I have to pay my dues- right. I get it- I can roll with it. It's usually part of any 12 step program.

Se we headed out early morning of 7-28 to get our fish on- ready for whatever came our way. NOTHING!!! - except for the one Bonita my buddy caught- and he's a pretty advanced angler but mellow and easy going about it the way you'd want someone to be. He's pretty much taught me what I know.

We spent close to 10 hours on the water that day and left with having a great time- but tails between legs and somewhat frustrated nonetheless. We never made bait and I never even got a bite to speak of. I know we were not the only party have have this wild success that day.

SO- a couple of questions if there is someone(s) willing to oblige:

Is ther a formula to follow for success at La Jolla? I hear about making bait at the pier and going from there- is that a necessity? Or are there other ways of going about it?

Where to from there? are there areas that hold fish better that others on a regular basis that usually reaps success?

I've read some chater about radio usage- is there a particular channel used ( I have a GMRS/FMRS capable radio) that experienced La Jolla anglers use?

Thanks in advance for the insight and advice.

Your fellow low-key (yet completely stoked) and personable (novice) angler,
Andy
zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote