Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
evilkhemist

1/13/11 Lobster Report

Just got a "new to me" Hobie Outback and wanted to do a little lobster run with a couple of friends last night. The surf was small and the weather was great in North County. Launched around 6pm and made the last pull at 8PM. We got 19 legals and finished a 12 pack between the 3 of us. I seem to drink more beer with the Hobie, since my hands are free. We ended the night with some lobster tacos and beers around the fire. How lucky we are to live in such a great place?
One of my concerns about the outback was surf launching and landing, it seems to do OK in the surf comparable to my prowler 13. The real test will be this weekend with the larger swells coming in.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/brandond/Desktop/IMG00023-20110113-2100.jpg[/IMG]Name:  IMG00023-20110113-2100.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  65.9 KB
evilkhemist is offline   Reply With Quote