Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
toadstoadsonly

Rigging a stealth 14

Hey guys I been kayaking for a few years now but been going with my buddy and borrowing his other yak. After his second kid he does not have much free time anymore and I always find my self having the kayak fever. So I decided to take the plunge and get a yak 5 kayaks later I think I have a keeper. Unfortunately not read all the helpful tips you guys had in the Forums and did the trial and error thing.

First I purchased a Scrambler (not enough storage space and room for a bait tank), then a cobra explorer (didnt like it), a cobra tandem 2 for my girl and I (realized it was way to slow especially since I have to paddle twice as hard because she is lazy), then at the OEX sale I picked up a tandem(since I know the tandem is faster) and a Sealth14.

Now I think I think the Sealth 14 is for keeps. The tandem I will keep it bare so it is lighter. So I am going to start rigging it I guess I am almost on the same boat as BROKELOSER as far as rigging the kayak. But I did not want to Thread Jack.

I am clueless to what else I should rig on and how and what I should rig my yak. Other than what I read on the board and googled. So any advice would be greatly appreciated, this is what I picked up so far based on reading you guys recommend:

Eagle Cuda 350
Tsunami 500 bait pump for the built in bait tank(walmart online) has an awesome deal on a full kit $29.99 if any of you guys need one. Comes with the hose, bait pump, steel stainer, aerator spray head.
Life Jacket
Gaff
Paddle
Game Clip
Scotty Mount rod holder (What is the best place to mount the scottys?)
A Whistle
2 12v batters
Dry storage for the batties
Bow Rope
Flag
harnesses for my rods.

Now since I have purchased all this and I suck at fishing where do I buy a 50lb White seabass and 40lb yellowtail? This way I could take a picture of it on my yak and post it on my FACEBOOK and pretend i caught it. Just playing Lol

I am wondering what type of fish finder mount do you guys recommend?

What are those extenders called that goes into the flush mount?

Do I need a milk crate in the rear of the yak since it has plenty of storage?

I have an extra bait tank (same as KFS Ultimate Bait tank) made for the rear is this necessary since the stealth have one in the middle?

I fish the PV kelp and malibu mostly do you recommend a drift sock?

I Purchased auto marine sealant made by dap is this fine or do I have to use Marine Goop?

I know I have a lot of questions guys. But I am pretty hardcore when It comes to fishing and I want my rig done right. I do also want to have the experience of rigging my own yak.

Last edited by toadstoadsonly; 02-22-2011 at 03:33 PM.
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote