Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
jaycee386

to all Hobie Outback owners

I recently got my outback and am in the process of rigging it up with all the goodies and having a great time researching and ordering the stuff. I ordered ram tube style rod holders for the front and would like to mount it in the original rod holder holes on the outback. I was thinking of putting some stainless steal tubing into the hole and and welding a flat plate on top flush with the boat and then mounting the ram ball on that. So basically what I'm looking for is the extended rod holder made by Hobie without the rod holder on top but instead a flat mounting surface. There are 2 reason I want to do this 1 is I load my kayak on my truck flipped on it's top and if I had the ball protruding out it would get caught on my rack when I go to slide it forward 2 I don't want to drill holes into the boat. So if anyone knows someone that can fabricate this for me please let me know.
jaycee386 is offline   Reply With Quote