Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Corey

That looks really nice...& fast. I want one too.

Brent, on the other hand, looks like he drank too much last night.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
Rusty

Me likey...

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Holy crap, I didn't even recognize Brent. Must have been a long night on the pole.lol
Old 03-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
slanteyedtuna

I was there at the Fred Hall show on weds and i didnt see it there. I guess I was too early. I think that will be my next kayak. Looks fast and not too long.
slanteyedtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
cabojohn
PROBATION

Hell yes it's sexy!

Unless I win that X13 in the FH raffle...I'll order mine in hot pink or hot pink camo

Can't wait!!!

Last edited by cabojohn; 03-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
DESTROYER

Looks like Brent is getting Malibu, Ocean Kayak, and Hobie to work together. Brent, What's the new company going to be called?
Ocean Hobibu? Nice Looking boat, but I agree with Tyler, looks a lot like a prowler . I bet you it surfs better than the Xtreme . It will be nice to get you Team Malibu guys on that kayak so that you can keep up with us Ocean Kayak and Wilderness guys .

Please, No one take this post serious, just having some fun with friends

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
madscientist

Come on Matt, you know we can't let that go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER View Post
Nice Looking boat, but I agree with Tyler, looks a lot like a prowler .
Kind of like the big game looks like an X-factor, no?

Quote:
I bet you it surfs better than the Xtreme .
As soon as I meet a prowler paddler with over 200 consecutive surf landings and NO crashes I'll take that comment seriously.

Quote:
It will be nice to get you Team Malibu guys on that kayak so that you can keep up with us Ocean Kayak and Wilderness guys .
That's okay, I usually make up the 5 second difference as my OK and Wilderness buddies are busy packing everything up for landing.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
LocoKayako

Oh,oh, Matty what did you start? j/k'

Boat looks cool. I'm in line to test paddle. Andy I'll be at your shop soon

gabe
Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
OEX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
That looks really nice...& fast. I want one too.

Drinking all day in the Booth

Going out with the gang and drinking mucho more

Getting up at 4:30am to be on TV

NOT PRICELESS
OEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:17 AM   #10
DESTROYER

Seriously Brad, I'm always stoked to see Kayak Manufactures do better things with the boats we fish on....That's a good looking boat! Obviously I'm a little bias on what I like. Knock on wood, I never stow my gear and I have never crashed nor lost anything in the surf. I have however flipped while fishing for bass up in Dana, boy was that an expesive flip ! I'm still waiting for the first kayak company to come out with a center console equiped with outriggers and down riggers and a sick T-Top!

Brent- Why do you have waders on in that little pool? You must of had a few too many .

TL-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
Grego

Talking to Sean (the owner of MK), there's a "want" in the middle and on the other side of the nation for a front hatch like that. Why? I dunno...perfect for redfish, flounder, and speckled trout maybe? There's a large market outside of SoCal, and will probably become larger than ours if it isn't already with some of our waters getting knocked off by the MLPA. So being an MK guy, I hope it's successful for all types of markets, not just in our little world.

Whenever I see a kayak I look at it's potential to be what I want it to be, there isn't a stock yak out there that is good enough for me. Kind of like my trucks, always have to add and modify to make it mine, that's one of the reasons I enjoy kayak fishing, modifying my yak to fit "Me", who gives an 'F' about the rest of you!lol

There's a work around for everything, I like to stow my rod/reels inside my hull whether I'm landing at LJ or areas with surf because they cost a lot of $$ and I don't like sand in my chit. Andy and I were both looking at ways of making a template to make a cut through the back wall to let the rods thru, no different than cutting holes for wherever you want your flush mount rod holders. I already have an idea drawn out that's going to make it a custom rod holder when I'm done.

And then....your going to find freaks like Cabo and Tman who upon first site fell in love with the front hatch because all they see are visions of filling the whole front hatch with ice and beer like it's there personal F'n cooler!!

I don't know if I'll like the drain hole or not, if I don't I'll plug it up like other guys do now with none other than....a Scupper Plug! Who was the genius who thought of plugging a hole that was deliberately made?

I'm looking forward to modifying my yak
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #12
JrBasser

wow that looks just like a prowler! Looks like a fast ride though. What is it, a dry Malibu version of a great boat? Those sea sniper guns are amazing too. Not sure if free diving is soon to be a hobby of mine, I havn't quite decided.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #13
Bighead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
Talking to Sean (the owner of MK), there's a "want" in the middle and on the other side of the nation for a front hatch like that. Why? I dunno...perfect for redfish, flounder, and speckled trout maybe? There's a large market outside of SoCal, and will probably become larger than ours if it isn't already with some of our waters getting knocked off by the MLPA. So being an MK guy, I hope it's successful for all types of markets, not just in our little world.
Hey guys...my first post here, but this caught my attention.

I'm one of those guys from the rest of the world outside of California.

I grew up in New Orleans, doing a lot of coastal fishing for reds, specks, and flounder, and I now live in Katy, TX, and sell Malibu Kayaks for Dixie Kayaks in the Houston Area.

The two markets that I service have drastically different needs in a boat, even though we're generally going after the same species...jsut different types of fishing.

That being said...Kayak fishing is EXPLODING in Texas, and is in its infancy in Louisiana...but it's not going to do anything but get bigger. I am used to getting strange looks from power boaters, but they usually shut it when I haul up a stringer of reds, specks, and flounder, or they see me getting a 'cajun sleigh ride' from a big red.

I learned about the guys wanting to shut you guys out of the beaches, and well...we have a way for dealing with folks like that in Louisiana...it involves a long ride out into the coastal marsh...I'll leave the rest of it to you to figure out.

If you Westies make it out to Houston/Galveston...holler at me...we've got a GREAT group of guys that love to fish and go out looking for sharks, tarpon, big bull reds (20-50 lbs) and black drum (20-50 lbs), as well as going inshore and what not.

Bighead
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
Jim Sammons LJKF

Hey Andy, fun hanging with you guys in the booth and seeing the new boat.
Had a great time at the show, as always great to see old friends as well as put more faces to names from the forums. I was able to conduct some business while up there, so those that do not already know about it, we have an awesome announcement to make very soon. We are very excited

On another note, to the looser that stole one of my rods out of the booth on Sunday. I hope you hook the fish of a lifetime with it, only to have the hook pull when the fish is just out of reach, propelling the large jig straight into your eye.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #15
wavster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
...so those that do not already know about it, we have an awesome announcement to make very soon. We are very excited ...
Who's we?

What kind of teaser is that? Are you talking a new kayak design, LJ Kayak Fishing?
Ocean Kayak? Did you and Andy hook up??
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #16
Jim Sammons LJKF

We as in several guys I am working with on a new endevour.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
On another note, to the looser that stole one of my rods out of the booth on Sunday. I hope you hook the fish of a lifetime with it, only to have the hook pull when the fish is just out of reach, propelling the large jig straight into your eye.
No one can sugar coat the things like Jim. lol
Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
landwhale

To me you need to paddle a new boat before you can tell if any of the rest of the layout will work for you. Today I stopped by Andys shop and took the camo X 13 for a test paddle. The new kayak paddles effortlessly the tracking is excellent, stability for a 250lber was as good as any other kayak I have paddled, access to the rear well was easy due to the improved stability of the new design. The seating area and leg area are the best of all the Malibu's so far. The seat area and footwells sucked up water through the scuppers as I paddled and drained fast. I found the kayak to drift the wind and current extremely well and for you bay fishermen back paddling in the X 13 was a breeze strait and easy. I am very impressed with the X 13 and am looking forward to trying it in the surf, wakes and open ocean. Nice going Sean

Last edited by landwhale; 03-13-2008 at 03:42 AM.
landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote