Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Caffeind

Cabrillo 4-20

Hoping to keep a nice streak going, I launched at Cabrillo again yesterday. The predicted conditions looked good, although I got a bit of a late start getting on the water around 7. This is my iPhone prep routine...not that it mattered, I was going fishing regardless!

Fogged rolled in almost immediately after loading up with bait. That's Angel's Gate in the distance.

I pulled in a few shorts in my target area, no pics, just a shake of the hook with some pliers, and gone to grow up some more. The deeper channel didn't seem like a good idea in this visibility, so I made a move closer to the launch. The wind picked up from the west dragging beach sand out into the harbor and turning the water light green with foam trails similar to when they're adding dirt to the shallow habitat area.

By the time I reached the marina area the wind was howling good and 4 military choppers circled for about the last hour.

Called it a day around 12:30 and loaded and gone by 1 for a trip to the Busy Bee for my consolation prize.

Streak over.
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote