Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #21
Robm422
Junior

I know, i got swamped coming in at leo a few days ago!
Robm422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robm422 View Post
I know, i got swamped coming in at leo a few days ago!
Leo is fun, especially because you can really mess up your yak with all those ROcks. I have learned there one way in and one way out.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 04-25-2014 at 10:51 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #23
taggermike

Adding foam to a kayak will not improve buoyancy unless the kayak is flooded. Still worth while in a safety since. I have 4 pool noodles stashed away in one of my kayaks. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #24
TJones

low tide

all the smart ones who stayed in the rocky section , breezed right in . me on the other hand ,did not want to put the first scratches on the new hobie and,decided to paddle in just south of rocks . i was doing good , timing the surf , and for once taking a minute to figure it out . when i had a game plan , big Sammy started to rush me in . . i got caught in no mans land with 3 ft wave crashing on my back . i leaned back hard , and was riding white water for about 1.5 secs. i think my mistake was , having rudder up , digging in blade to brace , or back peddling in hope of riding crest of the wave ? that actually put my right in the middle of the danger zone . thanks for hearing me out . anyway i am leaning toward a thread jack . forgive me . .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #25
Robm422
Junior

Thats ok, i think this thread had run its course! I like your harrowing story better anyways.
Robm422 is offline   Reply With Quote